Planning your day
The best part about planning an elopement is it isn't a cookie cutter wedding, it is unique to you! When you are eloping just the two of you, you have the freedom to do anything you want to do. Go to city hall and get pictures taken downtown or at your favorite brewery, get married on the side of a mountain, go on a gorgeous hike, or a local park! The possibilities are endless. You can elope affordably or go all out, up to you!
I always recommend you make it a full day thing! Even if you only book your photographer for a couple hours, treat the entire day as your wedding day. Wake up to your favorite breakfast, go on your favorite hike, have dinner at a fancy restaurant, or get couples massages. The possibilities are endless and based on what you love. During your elopement, you can incorporate food & beverage. Have a cake cutting and first dance, pop champagne, do a glamourous pop-up picnic, have catering for two done!
This guide is here to help you plan your elopement, find the perfect location, get ideas, and find vendors!
How long should I book my photographer for?
This is totally up to you. If you are looking for a simple/low key elopement, 1-2 hours. Lots of people like to do a full-day elopement with more than just at the elopement location. If your location requires hiking, take into account how long that will take.
Are there travel fees?
Depending on your location, travel fees may apply. Check out the location guide where it will tell you the travel fee for each location, if any.
Colorado is one of the few states where you can self-solemnize your own wedding, meaning you don't need an officiant or any witnesses if you don't want to. You have several options
1) hire an officiant
2) Go to the courthouse/clerk and recorders office, get your marriage license, sign it and turn it in right there
3) Go to the courthouse/clerk and recorders office, get your marriage license, take it with you to the elopement. We can get pictures of you signing your marriage license. Afterwards, you can mail it back in.
Picking a location
Picking a location in Colorado can be hard because there are endless gorgeous options depending on your style and vision. There are location close to Denver and far. There are locations that are easily accessible or more adventurous hikes. There are places that require reservations and permit and places that do not. View the full location guide below
As I do not provide videography services, here are some videographers that you can check out if you are interested in that service
Elopement $500-Wedding $1,500
Packages range from $700-$2,500
Also says on his website he is willing to work with budgets
Packages range from $700-$1,200
Veiled Rose Films
Packages range from $600-$1,800
Local Motion Productions
Live steaming & video, packages range from $500-$1,800
Mountain Event Services
Packages range from $1,295-$1,695
Elizabeth Mae Cinematography
Elopements: $2,500 & Weddings: $3.500
- Celebrations Silk Florals- Parker Website
- The Perfect Petal- Denver Website
- Penny & Leo Floral Design- Littleton website
- Parsley & Valentine- Littleton Website
- Four Seasons Custom Florals- Silks Website
- Something Borrowed Blooms- Online Website
- Bloom Bar & Co- Colorado Springs Website
- Enchanted Florist- Estes Park Website
- Kaylin's Silk Flowers- Colorado Springs Website
Cake & Dessert
- Sweet Ride Bakeshop- Denver Website
- Sweet Obsession Cake Co- Denver Website
- Whipped Bakery- Littleton Website
- Sweet Inspirations Bakery- Denver Website
- Cherry on Top Bakery- Thornton Website
- Azucar Bakery-Denver Website
- Colorado Rose Cake Company- Loveland Website
- Sugarplum Cake Shoppe- Colorado Springs Website
- The Treatery - Denver Website
- Something New Boutique-Colorado Springs
- Abeille Bridal- Loveland
- Affordable online options such as Lulu's or Ever Pretty
- Malana Boris Designs: creates custom vinyl designs such as bride tanks, bride jean jack, sun hats, dress hangers, t-shirts, coffee mugs, wine tumblers and more. email: email@example.com
- Release Massage Therapy: get an at home/at hotel massage to relax the day before or the day of your wedding. Tina is amazing and super affordable! I have personally got an in-home massage by Tina and it was a great experience. email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-679-5124. Rates: $75+
Booking your honeymoon
Hallie with White Glove Destinations
Hallie is a travel planner who can help you find and book the right destination for your honeymoon. She can help you book anywhere you want to go. The best part, her services are complimentary to you! Reach out to her and let her know that I am your photographer and she will help you out.
Name change check list
When getting your marriage license, go ahead and buy certified copies because you will need them to change your name
Change your social security card
Change your license at the DMV
Change your passport
Change your bank accounts
Change name through employer/payroll
Change name through landlord/mortgage company
Change name on health insurance/doctor's office
Change your airline accounts
Cell phone company
Home services: tv/internet/utilities
There are companies out there like hitchswitch that help you change your name
Don't be afraid to text me to ask me questions, even if they aren't photography related. I may not always have the answers, but I am happy to help in any way I can. I am always here to chat for anything you need! I mean this. If you are reading this, shoot me a text!
Printing your photos
I do not offer printing through my website. Here are some sites I recommend for printing and making photo books.
- Nations Photo Lab
- Milk Photo Albums
- Artifact Uprising